23 Years' Dedicated Service
Cargo Handling Specialists (Pty) Ltd, previously known as Cape Crating (SA) (Pty) Ltd, offers on-site gross mass verification, done with a mobile weighing system. Our team will ensure that your cargo is treated with care, from start to finish.
We will supply the shipper with the following needed to confirm the shipment:
- Gross mass container weight (once packed)
- Load distribution
- GPS location
- Container number
- Seal number
- Your name and reference
All produced on one document and emailed to you directly from the system for easy submission to the shipping line.
There are 3 possibilities:
The new SOLAS Regulation states all export containers must have a Gross Mass certificate supplied by the shipper (Name on bill of loading).
- Weight is marked on each package
- E.g. TV’s 36 x 800
- Shipper can declare Gross Mass
- Shipper arrange container to be weighed
- Certification is provided and records are stored for 5 years
- Shipper gets SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority) accreditation number to weigh each item going into a container
- adds this to the Tare weight on the plates on the container
- and declares the total as Gross Mass