The Solution to safe Cargo Travel
Cargo Handling Specialists (Pty) Ltd, previously known as Cape Crating (SA) (Pty) Ltd, offers on-site gross mass verification, done with a mobile weighing system. We will supply the shipper with the following needed to confirm the shipment:
All produced on one document and emailed to you directly from the system for easy submission to the shipping line.
The new SOLAS Regulation states all export containers must have a Gross Mass certificate supplied by the shipper (Name on bill of loading).
There are 3 possibilities:
- Weight is marked on each package
- E.g. TV’s 36 x 800
- Shipper can declare Gross Mass
2. Method 1
- Shipper arrange container to be weighed
- Certification is provided and records are stored for 5 years
3. Method 2
- Shipper gets SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority) accreditation number to weigh each item going into container
- adds this to the Tare weight on the plates on container
- and declares the total as Gross Mass